Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Still Life

National Service, 2 year 2 months down the drain. The prime of my life, just graduated, full of energy, eagerness, life and smiles.
All that…gone.
Now, before this time ends, I have to learn to pick myself up, to bring my life back to the way it was. After all, they do say that in your life, there will always be some time when your will is fully tested. I dun want this episode to ‘kill’ me, I have too much to lose, and already I have changed into a person that I dun like, cynical, less trusting, selfish, bitter.
I read something in a philosophical book on why people take photographs, there was a quote by Robert Adams;

“….They must have come from a more thoughtful person, one who suffered enough to learn.”

He said that the more creative works were always said to come from artists that were going through a rough patch in their life. And junhao also agrees with that in terms of rock bands I guess, he always did say that the good albums recorded were always because the whole rockers’ lives were in a mess.
So it seems that passion, inspirations, and downright works of character are only more easily grasped by an artist with a lack of happy pills. Note I used the word artist loosely, for I do not claim to be an artist only a person who wishes to create some form of personnel expression like everyone else.
But there is a problem; so far, that theory isn’t doing anything for me. Maybe it will come…..sooner or later.
Here is a still life photo that I scanned from Andrew Sanders book on Home photography, according to him, an artist have to be happy, in order for him to create. Haha….well, each person are entitled to their own methods.
And currently my muse is both my girl and classical music, Chopin, Yo Yo Ma, Bach, Nigel kennedy, Vivaldi….etc etc. i get most ideas with these players beside me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home