Saturday, June 09, 2007

Acquiesce: vrb

Assent, agree without protesting

Although she appeared to acquiesce to her employer’s suggestions, I could tell she had reservations.

Nothings changed, I am still waiting. Last night I could not sleep a wink because of a bunch of relentless mosquitoes sucking the majority of my blood leaving me oddly pale when I woke up in the morning... Due to my insomnia, I tried to disturb my dog from her beauty sleep but was unsuccessful as she gave me an unappreciative look and when straight back to her previous position immune to any tussle afterwards.

After tossing from bed to floor fanning off the evil mosquitoes, one would realize the amount of retrospective thoughts that an insomniac has to suffer is over whelming causing the prolonging of such a sad state of affair.

On a similarly pessimistic look, how does one surround himself with friends and love ones and still manage to feel lonely? What would be the main contributing factor of such a contradicting and unsatisfiable emotion? Perhaps the song “Twentysomething” by Jamie Cullem best describes such irrational feelings.

Somewhere along the way from being a child to a teenager and now a young adult, a void was formed, a void which I have been desperately trying to fill with goals, ambitions, dreams and relationships. Perhaps the solution is as simple as contentment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home