Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Achitectural photography or just LArge format crazy?

Halow people,

like i said in my earlier post, my BIG plans in the near future is to become an Architectural Photographer plus interior and industrial. Why? well.....i asked myself that qns too, and its sort of a long story, too long.....i'm too lazy to type down, but i guess i can give you a short version of it, a good time to remind myself why to hell i am getting myself into such a specialized field and of all places to get specialized too.......SINGAPORE! the country that only feeds the 'jack of all trades'. OK here goes, one reason is that i ever thought of becoming an architect when i was in sec. school but i wasn't any good at math, and at that time the 'passion' wasn't enuff to give me sufficient motivation. But that did not stop a very suttle appreciation of spaces and buildings, i am afterall a visual person, and i appreciate anything that stops me in my track to breath a word of 'cool!'
Another reason would be the chance to create abstract graphical elements and shapes on a photograph, i come from a background of graphic design. And so for obvious reasons, architectural photography is a nice output for me. Of course i do have a lot of architectural photographers that i wish to emulate, people like Madeleine Isom, Helene Binet, Paul Raftery....etc...these peoples' works also have a hand in pushing me in this choice of specialization.
One reason that i am rather reluctant to admit but is quite obvious would be the fact that architectural photography gives me the excuse to fully make use of a large format camera! How can anyone say no! c'mon.......LARGE FORMAT!
I simply have an uncontrollable infactuation for LF cameras..especially monorail ones...the enormous freedom in movement , total control for perspective , unparalleled colors and resolution, forceful slowness in taking photos.......c'mon! who can say no to that....
I haven gotten myself one yet though.....dun have the money for it.......how frustrating......
And again.....its extremely hard to find one in singapore.......sucks ........the other option would be buying shift lens for 35 mm cameras....but it just isn't the same.....and furthermore, the movements are more restricted in the shift lens......the cost for a shitft lens is what i call broad daylight robbery, 2 freaking thousand sing dollars!!!....anyway i got a pic for a LF cam.....owning this or even close to this would be a dream come through.........*sigh*
- Horseman LX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home